1) He got up with Stew this morning so that I could sleep in
2) When I went to make breakfast I realized that he unloaded the dishwasher last night without being asked
3) He bought the belt I liked better at Marshalls. Pretty much just because I am anti-Calvin Klein (for basically no reason) (but it was really for the best because come on… Kenneth Cole > Calvin Klein)
4) He suggested we stop for lunch at my favorite Mexican place (umm… yes.)
5) I could spend like, 6 hours in Lowes with him. And almost did.
6) When I was tired and wanted to go home, he reminded me that I REALLY need new black flats for work, and we WERE just near DSW…
7) Then I found black flats for work… and he still suggested we look in the designer shoe section…
8 ) And he actually encouraged me to buy a pair of Michael by Michael Kors suede flats that I don’t actually need. But I love a lot. Two new pairs of shoes? Best Sunday ever.
9) Then he went grocery shopping with me. Because I really didn’t want to go alone. And it was actually fun.
10) Playing Mario on wii with him is pretty much the best part of my week. Which makes me feel like a nerd. But I’m okay with that.
/mush over. I promise I’ll try to restrain myself in the future.
First– I’m alive! I know I haven’t posted in forever and it’s really not for lack of things to say. At first it was lack of time and then it was that I hadn’t posted in so long and had so much to say that I didn’t know where to start. I still don’t… but I thought I’d ease back in with… Salsa!
So I was making tacos for dinner last night and I realized about 3 minutes before it was done that I was almost out of salsa. I haven’t quite gotten used to shopping for two and I seriously underestimated our salsa consumption apparently! What to do…..
I whipped up a 2 minute version of salsa based on what I had in my pantry and it actually turned out great! B liked it even more than store-bought and requested I put it on the heavy-rotation list. So here ya go, my happy accident thrown together 2 minute salsa (with no pictures because I honestly kind of expected it to suck).
1 can rotel (original)
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
Add the rotel (including juice) and onion to a small food processor. Cut a lime in half and squeeze the juice from half over the mix. Add salt, cumin, and hot sauce to taste. I maybe did 1/2 tspn salt, 1/2 tspn cumin, and 1/2 tbspn hot sauce… but I’m just guessing. Blend until it is whatever consistency you like. If I had some cilantro I would have thrown that in and I think it would’ve been great, but it wasn’t necessary.
That’s it. Seriously, so easy.