This has been floating around the internet forever… I found it at Slynnro.
2010 was a big and great year for us!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
– Moved into the first house that I actually own
– Planned a wedding
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
This is why having a blog is great, because I couldn’t even remember what last year’s resolutions were. According to last year’s NYE entry, I vowed to:
a) Log at least 400 miles of running/walking for exercise. I joined B’s gym today (yay) and logged my first 3 on the treadmill… more walking than running. Hopefully by the end of the year the only walking I’ll be doing is the warm up and cool down! Fail. I worked out pretty consistently until about August but I hurt my knee and mostly just did elliptical. I have no clue how far I went but I guarantee I didn’t hit 400.
b) Cook (or eat left-overs) in at least 5 nights/week. Eating out is what kills my diet, so this year for both health and monetary reasons, it is getting cut waaaaaay back. I’d say mostly, I did this. Not every week… but for the most part we only eat out 1-2 nights/week max which means I must’ve been cooking at home!
c) Make sure that at least once a week, my house is clean. Win! We have really kept our house clean. Almost every weekend we do a real, full, cleaning of it. But even if we don’t we always make sure things are picked up and look at least “ok.”
d) Organize my office at work, and keep it relatively organized. Win/Fail/Win. I did organize it. Then I let it get terrible again, then I organized it again.
e) Do something nice for someone other than myself or my family at least once a month (other than giving money to my regular charity). hmm… I totally forgot about this one. I’m going to have to say I probably did not meet this most months.
f) Between B and I, put away $10,000 in savings for our wedding. I haven’t checked with him on our total, but I think B and I came at least close. Buying my new car really set me back but I believe that we probably came close to 10,000 if we didn’t exactly hit it.
I’m undecided if I’ll make new resolutions this year. Usually B and I do it after dinner on NYE. Stay tuned.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One internet friend, but thats it! I do know about 8 people set to give birth in the first three months of 2011 though!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Nada! We stayed close to home this year to save for the wedding. Our only trip was a brief road trip to ATL and NC. (And then NY for a wedding and Chicago for an exam… but those don’t count as vacations)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A little calm in my life. More travel. More time/energy to focus on photography.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 29- We moved into our first home together
August 28- My brother’s wedding
October 17- B’s mom’s wedding
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving into a new home, buying a new car, and planning a wedding without going into debt.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking to my diet/exercise plan.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Although Stew pulled a muscle yesterday and had to go to the vet. Poor guy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well I don’t know if we technically “bought” the house in 2009 or 2010… but other than that I’d say our couch in the great room. I love it. (and really all of the furniture we bought)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
B. He had an incredibly stressful year with the new house, new bills, two important professional exams, and me planning the wedding. Through it all I’d say he handled himself pretty damn well. Also my MOH… she got the brunt of a lot of bitching this year and never made me feel badly about it!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The drivers of the cars on the road last night when we were trying to get home from the mall. Seriously… if you are stopped in a line 300 yards long of traffic waiting to get on the highway and you decide to abandon ship, zip on up to the last 50 yards and nose your way in? You deserve to have terrible things happen to you.
14. Where did most of your money go?
House, wedding, car.
15. What did you get really excited about?
The wedding, the wedding being almost here, the wedding being almost over, the honeymoon, life post-wedding.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Probably anything gaga.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? happier
(b) thinner or fatter? same. which makes me sadder.
(c) richer or poorer? um, we both got raises so I guess richer? but we also spent a LOT and drained most of my savings. so maybe poorer too.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
work out and eat vegetables.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Slept in and ate ice cream.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We did Christmas with B’s dad’s family the weekend before Christmas, then Christmas with my family on Christmas day and my extended family the 26th.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I’m pretty fond of B’s cats. They’re my only new loves. But the old ones remain.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Teen Mom. Also, TrueBlood, MadMen, Dexter.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I don’t really hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Um… its entirely possible I didn’t finish a book this year. Embarrassing.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m not a music person
26. What did you want and get?
An iPhone4. A wedding dress. A wedding band.
27. What did you want and not get?
to travel more
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I know I saw a few movies this year but none of them real stand out and wow me.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 26. My actual birthday was a work day. So I worked and B did. He surprised me by coming home early and making me an awesome dinner and then we just hung out and watched a movie.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Honestly I’m pretty satisfied with this year. I guess I would’ve liked if we could’ve taken a real vacation, but then we’d have had to pay for it which would not make me more satisfied.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Yoga pants-tastic. Seriously… I work at home. I wore real pants maybe 30 times this year.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t follow celebrities much. But I always like Jake Gyllenhaal
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My friends that don’t live locally
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t think I met any new people this year. Sad.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Courtesy of my MOH’s mother: You can have anything you want. You just can’t have everything you want.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Again with the not musical-ness.