As a special treat for ALL of my lovely readers today (ya know, all five of you)… I have a guest post from my MOH, S. Without further ado, her 2010 list:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
– Did a reading at a wedding (my sister’s). I was scared to death beforehand, and I cried during it… but I wouldn’t call it a total failure.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did a GREAT job of keeping my 1/1/09 resolution of taking more photos. On 1/1/10, the only thing I can remember resolving to do was to keep a better watch on my finances so I knew where my money was going. I did a really good job of setting up a budget and using Mint.com, but then I got engaged and all my money started going towards the wedding. Rather than continuing to track my money, I used the “head in the sand” approach and stopped paying attention. But I’m resolving to do that again this year. Other resolutions: Floss daily. Run a half-marathon. Talk about our financial situation with the hubby once a quarter.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two co-workers. I will have three close friends and one sister giving birth this year, though!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Vegas count? 🙂 None, but next year the answer will be a lot! Thank you Mediterranean honeymoon cruise!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More opportunities to see my family.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
7/2 – Got engaged.
12/10 – Paid of student loans.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Wow. I don’t really feel like I achieved anything:( So sad. Hopefully next year I can say that I completed a half marathon.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling prey to excessive guilt. I have a major issue with that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I’d say my iPhone, but that was 8/2009. Um… probably the trips to Vegas because they bring us so much happiness and calm (oddly) for a weekend.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My boss, Beth, for putting up with me on a deal that we worked on together. I had a lot more responsibility than I was used to, so she had to answer a LOT of questions, cover for a mistake and console me when I was balling my eyes out in my office.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can’t be named here. She is a brat, though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Interior Designer, Wedding, Student Loans, Retirement Savings
15. What did you get really excited about?
Paying off my loans and agreeing to marry the nicest person I’ve ever met. Oh, and my parents coming to visit for 5 days in August. Seriously awesome.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Nothing Else Matters
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? happier
(b) thinner or fatter? same. I actually weigh myself every day and keep track on my iPhone. My weight fluctuates day to day (not too much), but on 12/31/09 and 12/31/10, I was the EXACT same. How crazy.
(c) richer or poorer? my net worth increased.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
See my family.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Felt guilty for stupid stuff.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the in-laws here in ATL.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
With a rescue dog, Miles, but we couldn’t adopt him:(
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad, PokerStars Big Game, SVU, Big Bang Theory
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes, and I hate to admit it, but it is mainly because of her facebook status posts. But I can’t get myself to delete her as a friend. Yes, I’m weird.
24. What was the best book you read?
Bringing Down the House
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Billy Idol and Godsmack
26. What did you want and get?
An engagement ring.
27. What did you want and not get?
new glasses. a garmin watch for running.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked the facebook movie, but I can’t remember the name of it. I did NOT like Inception.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I probably went swimming and went to work. We celebrated the week before by going to Vegas, which has become tradition now.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing – this was an amazing year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Classic with a hint of preppy.
32. What kept you sane?
Lyndsey and my future hubby. Really both equally.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m generally avidly against any tendency towards socialist policies. (Note from your resident blogger… amazing that she and I remain such good friends, right? ;))
35. Who did you miss?
My mom. A lot. And the future hubby when he was on his cruise and we couldn’t communicate.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Most things are not worth stressing about as long as you are healthy.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’d give you all, and have none, babe
Just, just, justa, justa to have you here by me