I’m having a gloriously lazy Saturday, and I’d hate to mess that up by doing anything that even kind of resembles “work.” Thus, I’m going to do a super easy top 10 post. And because I had my first pumpkin spice coffee of the season today, it will be the top 10 reasons I love fall.
Without further ado:
10. The weather. Obviously. I love cool breezes and chilly nights. Hoodie weather is my favorite weather
9. Shorter days. I know most people love the endless days of summer, but they always make me feel kind of lazy. Like if it is light out, I should be doing something. Dark evenings are much cozier.
8. Fall colors– love ’em. Ironically, I hate the color orange. But only in my house/clothes. In nature? Love it.
7. Pumpkin spice everything. Coffee, lattes, donuts, candles… not to mention pumpkin pie!
6. Bonfires. I actually haven’t had one in years, but fall always reminds me of high school football games and post-game bonfires.
5. Football in general. I actually don’t like sports, or football– but B LOVES football and it’s hard not to be happy about something he’s so excited about.
4. My birthday. Yep, I’m totally one of those people that loves their own birthdays. What’s not to like about presents?
3. New shows finally come back! I am SO sick of reruns, you?
2. Halloween! My favorite holiday. The decorations, the costumes, the trick-or-treating, love it!
1. To me, as soon as we hit Sept 1, it is the start of the best half of the year. We get to enjoy fall, my birthday, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving which leads into the Christmas season. I love the start of winter and the first few snows, Christmas, New Years, B’s birthday and our anniversary… Sept 1-Feb 28 is just one good thing after another!
What’s your favorite thing about fall?