Man… I was doing so good there for a while! All those multi-post weeks, then I went and got lazy and it all went to hell. Apologies.
Spoiler alert: I’m probably not going to accomplish my November goals.
Sigh. There’s always next month to be uber productive, right?
Anyways… you might have heard that Thanksgiving is this Thursday. (B asked me if it was on Wednesday or Thursday this year. Oh boys… lol). My family isn’t really much for sentimentality and we’ve never been the “everyone say what you’re thankful for” type. But the truth is, we have a lot to be thankful for. I do make a habit of making a mental list of the things I’m thankful for on a nightly basis. Especially when I’m feeling cranky about something because generally whatever I’m feeling cranky about is what my friends and I like to call a #firstworldproblem.
Example: Tonight I’ve been super annoyed because our internet is slow and its been making my Netflix unreliable to watch Ghost Whisperer. Yes really. #firstworldproblems.
I know, I have it rough, right? This is why I feel it is necessary to acknowledge nightly the million things I’m ridiculously thankful for. Otherwise my karma would be in the toilet.
So I could wax poetic about the standard stuff.. family (new husband and pets included!), my friends, my home, our jobs, the fact that I was born in America and not in some field somewhere, the fact that I was born into a time with flush toilets… for all of these things, I am very grateful. But you probably are too. These are not original.
Instead, here’s five things I’m grateful for that are a bit less of a given:
1) The Daily Show. I have a huge crush on John Stewart. If I couldn’t laugh about what’s happening in our country four days per week for half an hour, I might have to stop watching the news.
2) A nice boss. For as much as he drives me crazy sometimes, I know I’m lucky to have a boss I actually like.
3) Daylight savings time. I know most people hate that it gets dark early, but I kind of love it. Nights starting at 5pm are pretty much perfect for a total hermit night-owl.
4) Movie nights in. B and I started movie nights every Friday in October. We (okay, I) plan to revive the tradition for Christmas movies. Movies + husband + couch + blanket + popcorn = basically my perfect night.
5) Pinterest. My new obsession/time-suck.
What random thing are you thankful for this year?