Last year my awesome MOH/BFF decided to join me in doing the yearly superlative meme and it was so much fun to read her answers! This year she decided to do the same, so without further ado, here are her 2011 answers!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Went on a cruise (honeymoon)!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think my resolution was to get our family finances in order since we combined everything at the start of 2011. If so, mostly a success, although it is a work in progress.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister (2/11), and two of my close friends (Alex and Julie).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great aunt (who was like a grandmother to me).
5. What countries did you visit?
Thanks to our honeymoon, we visited Italy, Greece, Monaco and Croatia.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I saw my family a lot in 2011 (due to weddings and babies), but I’d love to see them even more this year. We are doing a family vacation beach week, so hopefully that will help.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2/11 – Nephew was born!
2/26 – MOH in bff’s awesome wedding!
5/13 – Wedding
Memorial Day Weekend – left for honeymoon (best two weeks of my life).
8/1 – Had four closings in as many days. No bueno.
12/24 – Husband made first trip to my hometown.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Escaping my blackberry for two straight weeks! In all seriousness, I think planning our wedding and closing those four deals in four days.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Managing work stress.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
In January, I slipped on the wet marble floor of my office building’s lobby and had to go to the ER. In December, I ran into the wall full speed swimming and had to go to the ER. I’m accident prone!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our honeymoon. It was way more than we had originally planned to spend, but it was the most awesome two weeks of my life, and it was SO NICE to be out of touch with my blackberry, iphone, computer, email, etc. for two full weeks!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Where didn’t it go? Wedding, honeymoon, mortgage refi were the biggies.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Wedding and honeymoon (I sound like a broken record) and getting to see my long-distance BFF 5 times (twice in Atlanta, twice in Columbus and once in Cleveland)!
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Keep Me Comin’ (my fantasy fooball team name) and You’re the Best Thing (from our wedding photo slideshow http://www.aleamoore.com/shellymark/).
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Undoubtedly happier.
– thinner or fatter? Exactly the same.
– richer or poorer? Touch question. Probably a little poorer due to wedding, honeymoon and mortgage refi. But we are DINKs now, so replenishing is going pretty quickly.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Seen my family.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stress about work.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents’ house in Cleveland!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad (close runners up: College Gameday, Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, SVU)
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I hate to admit it, but all the Emily Griffin books. If I had to pick one, I’d pick Heart of the Matter or Love the One You’re With.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Linkin’ Park, KISS and RHCP
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
X-men First Class and The Help.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27 – Don’t remember what I did at all, since I’ve never been a big birthday celebrator. We always go to Vegas to celebrate our birthdays (which are a day apart), but this year we took the trip a month early.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More even workflow.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Classic conservative with a splash of southern and a splash of trendy.
26. What kept you sane?
Mark, BFF (daily chats as well as immeasurable help with my wedding planning) and MIL’s help with wedding plans. Also the fact that no one outside of me and my husband had an opinion on what we should do about our wedding plans:).
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you, but rather a projection of their own reality.