1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any last year, I was in a bit of pre-wedding madness around the holidays I think. I already talked about my resolutions for next year, which are basically to eat more veggies, work out more, and post here three times per week.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, *knock on wood*
5. What countries did you visit?
None! My passport expired before I got married and I wanted to wait until after I changed my name to renew it. But then I didn’t. I should get on that. (But we did go to Hawaii, Vegas, and Atlanta x 2)
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Some idea of what I want to be when I grow up.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 26- got married!
March 11- tsunami hit our honeymoon
May 13- my bestie got married on Friday the 13th (how cool is that)
August 26- celebrated 6 months with B in Vegas
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The amount of time it took me to think of something here probably means I should add “achieving something” to my new years resolution list…
I’ll say keeping our house pretty clean and being less lazy than usual about doing “the little stuff” like keeping things picked up, laundry, and cleaning closets, etc.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling off of/staying off of the healthy eating/exercise wagon
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Got the worst flu ever in May, but otherwise I’ve been lucky.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our wedding! For all the worry about the cost of it, it was really completely worth it.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding and honeymoon. Runner up was house stuff and student loans.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Hawaii! Also having a lot of “chill” time with B.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Anything Adele. Also anything from our wedding playlist.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Fatter (regrettably)
– richer or poorer? Richer (marginally and fleetingly if B goes back to school for his MBA!)
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
work out. consider alternative careers.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents’ house.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh man, B and I watched some great tv this year. True Blood, Dexter, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy… so good.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The Hunger Games series and the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Our wedding playlists.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Hmm… we don’t really go to the movies all that much. I really enjoyed Paranormal Activity 3 and Scream 4. Also Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27. It was a week day and I didn’t feel like going out so we just ordered in Jimmy Johns and watched Sons of Anarchy on blu ray. The next weekend we went to see Paranormal Activity 3 and went to my fav local restaurant of late (Molly Woos).
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know… my year was pretty satisfying as it was.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Yoga pants-tastic? I don’t know. I work from home. I wear real pants like twice/week and makeup like once/week. I have no fashion concept.
26. What kept you sane?
B. And gchat. And my pets. It takes a lot to keep me sane.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Sometimes things DO live up to the hype.