Heather over at Beyond the Aisle nominated me for this fun little award/game of blog-tag where small audience bloggers take turns asking and answering questions from other bloggers. Here’s how it works: This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
4. Choose 11 blogs (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post. Don’t forget to go back to their pages and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster Award post so I can learn more about you!)
So, off we go!! I’ll try to make the things about me a mix of new and not-so-new info, just to catch new readers up to speed!
11 Random Things About Me
1. I’m married to B, who is awesome. We have a corgi (Stew) and two cats, Cali and Milo (pictured). I love my little family more than I ever thought was possible.
2. I decided to go to law school because from the time I was a kid, everyone told me I should be a lawyer. I liked to argue and always had a rationalization for everything– so I guess it seemed like a good fit. (It is not.)
3. I’m working on making my favorite hobby, photography, into my day job. I’ve been second-shooting weddings for about 1.5 years, and I have my first solo wedding later this month. I absolutely love photographing weddings and newborns. I kind of can’t believe people will pay me to do something that fun.
4. I’m a ridiculously picky eater. It is easier to tell you what I DO like than what I DON’T. If it wouldn’t make me broke and 400 lbs, I could survive entirely on Tim Hortons, Cane’s, Chipotle, and Pei Wei.
5. B and I have really horrible luck when it comes to vacations and natural disasters. We got hit with the 2011 tsunami on our honeymoon, and we’ve been waylaid by a hurricane trying to get home from Vegas,and a thunderstorm of biblical proportions trying to get home from North Carolina. It has kind of soured us for travel for the past year or two— which is actually sort of a good thing for our budget.
6. My five favorite movies, in no particular order, are: Clerks, Bad Boys II, Juno, Little Miss Sunshine, and Easy A.
7. B and I hope to model our future parenting after the parents in Easy A. We love them. A lot.
8. I’m sort of a failure at blogging. I like doing it, but I don’t spend a lot of time reading other blogs, or exploring new blogs, I don’t have many “blog friends,” and I don’t know a lot of the lingo. Example: I have no idea what a “tag-back” is (mentioned in the rules above?) lol
9. I love the internet, and I’m so grateful for the relationships it has helped me cultivate. Even though I don’t have a lot of blog friends, I did meet B through match.com, I have maintained a long-distance friendship with my bff for the last 6 years by gchatting with her on an almost-daily basis, I met the two ladies that have helped me immeasurably with getting my photo biz started on a wedding website when they were planning their own weddings, and my favorite new friend (who lives only like 9 houses up the road from me) I honestly probably would have never met if we hadn’t met online randomly first and then realized she was building a house in our development.
10. I also sort of hate the internet. Or rather, my lack of self control with it. I am always connected– always. I work on my computer from 8-6 every day. And most nights after dinner I’m either surfing around while we watch tv or at least checking in on fb obsessively with my phone. Sometimes I find myself checking facebook while I brush my teeth. NOT EVEN KIDDING. Why? I have no idea. I keep toying with the idea of a black-out weekend. No computer. No internet on phone. Only talking to people either in real life or on the phone. It shouldn’t seem as hard as I think it would be…..
11. I don’t really buy that “money can’t buy happiness.” I mean sure– money ALONE doesn’t make you happy if your life sucks. But if you’re otherwise pretty happy– money can totally make you happier. Know what has made me really happy and cost money? Stewie. My cameras. My macbook pro. Our awesome TV. My wedding set (yes, the idea behind it. But also? so shiny!). My car. Know what would make me even happier? Wood floors. New carpeting. A patio. A fence. Not having to budget. A trip to Germany (exception to the “we don’t want to travel” feeling). Know what those things require? Money. Just saying…
Heather’s Questions for Me
- What blogs do you read on a regular basis?
My favorites are Young House Love and Love and Renovations. There are others in my reader, but those are the two that make me happiest when they post. I love love love home decor stuff, especially DIY and done on the cheap.
- What are you looking forward to doing this spring?
All my photography sessions coming up! I have two engagement shoots later this month that I think are going to be amazing. Plus a wedding at the end of the month. Plus a couple baby shoots. All this stuff on my calendar makes me so excited for the warm weather!
- If you could be talented at any sport or athletic activity, which one would you choose?
I think I’d really like to enjoy running. Not even be necessarily talented or awesome at it. Just relatively capable and to view it as stress-relieving rather than pure torture. It’s no secret that I suck at sticking to any sort of workout schedule and I think that if I could stick to running it would be the perfect exercise because it is free and can be done anywhere.
- What’s your favorite thing about your “day job”?
The flexibility. I don’t like what I do, but I do like that I get to do it at home and I don’t really have to stick to a strict schedule as long as I’m getting all my work done. It allows me time to work on other stuff during the day sometimes, or take photo sessions in the mornings when necessary.
- What are your favorite songs right now?
Oooo hard question. I love music but I’m not really a person who listens to new music or different stuff a lot. And I almost never know the names of whatever I’m listening to. B supplies me with what he knows I like and I listen to that for months on end lol. Looking at my “most played” list on my phone, I can see that some of my favorites right now are: Handlebars (Flobots), Amazing Ft. Young Jeezy (Kanye West), Imma Do It Ft. Kobe (Fabolous) and Hurt (Johnny Cash). Random….. lol
- What are your dating deal-breakers?
Well I’m not exactly dating lately… haha. But when I was I’d say one of my first questions would be if the guy likes pets. Allergies to or dislike for pets is an absolute deal breaker for me because I don’t think I could ever not have pets!
- What snack is your kryptonite?
My current favs are homemade popcorn and dark chocolate covered pretzels. But if we’re talking, what can I not even be trusted with? Doritos.
- What is your favorite item in your home?
Other than my husband and pets and computer and camera? Ummmmm maybe our bed. It’s super comfy.
- What trend or style from your childhood/teen years would you want to bring back?
I used to dye my hair crazy colors (pink and purple) and I miss that still. I actually saw some really pigmented hair chalk at Ulta the other day that showed up in my hair– and I am totally considering purchasing it. Even though I have no idea where I would wear it at this point in my life! If I actually am able to transition to photography full time I think it is entirely possible I’ll start dying my hair weird colors again.
- What fictional character (book, movie, or TV show) are you most like?
Wow, this is a hard one! I don’t feel like I usually identify that strongly with many female characters because they generally seem to fall into either the “super studious/ambitious” category or the “basket case” category, and I am neither. I guess maybe Olive from Easy A because I think (hope?) I have a similar sense of humor/sarcasm while being a generally nice person. Who sometimes does stupid things. (Although I’ve never fake prostituted myself… just to be clear).
- If you had to eat the same dinner every night, what would it be?
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is the first concert you went to?
3. If you could have ONE super power (but not flying or invisibility– because those are way too easy), what would it be?
4. Coke or Pepsi? (Warning: Your answer here could affect our ability to be friends)
5. What is the best purchase you ever made?
6. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
8. What artistic talent do you wish you had?
9. If you could choose to be really famous, would you be? (Like, Kardashian famous)
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. What are your 5 favorite movies?
So here’s the hard part– I don’t know 11 bloggers! Let alone 11 with small readerships. Hm… I think I’m going to fail this section miserably. Looking at my reader only one blog fits the bill– one of my only blogger friends! Anna at Burger Breakup. I’ll also mention Amanda of SalTals, even though she has deactivated her blog– in the hopes that I can harass her into blogging again. Maybe?
Oh well. I met 4 of the 5 rules (I think? I still don’t know what a tag-back is haha). I’m declaring it good enough!