So, I’ve reached a new level of lazy. I wanted to blog this but honestly I’m just way too lazy to type the whole thing out again, so you get the story as told to my husband via email. Sorry.
By way of explanation, we have ongoing Stew/Cali problems. Cali runs from Stew, which makes Stew chase Cali. We keep them separated a lot of the day, but when we bring Stew down to the man cave we like to put Cali on the window sill so she can still be a part of the room, without being within Stew’s grasp. Since it got so cold though (can you say polar vortex x 2?) Cali doesn’t want to go on the window sill anymore. Which means she hops down about 30 seconds after we put her up there and hides under the couch, and then lots of pacing and whining and barking from Stew happens, and it is super annoying. So now you’re all caught up.
So, that’s my week so far.
It’s been a while since I’ve had a rant, so here we go.
I’ve been looking on Craigslist for a dresser for the nursery, and oh my god are people annoying. If you do this on Craigslist, I hate you:
1) Title your ad “antique” when what you really mean is “a few years old and looks like it fell off a truck, or 6.”
2) Put one, weird-angled, sorta-blurry photo of your furniture item. You’re trying to sell it, right? Shouldn’t I be able to see clearly the whole item?
3) Title your ad “shabby chic” when what you mean is “I suck at diy and I need to get this fugly thing out of my house.”
4) Fail to understand what Craigslist is, and ask retail price for your furniture item. Yes, your dresser is nice. But if I wanted to pay $800 for a dresser I’d just go to Macy’s. Go away.
5) Not let people email you. You are posting ONLINE. You should let people respond ONLINE. Phone number only? I hate you. Oh and if you say “no texts, call only” or I text you and get a bounce-back that it is a land line? Seriously– GET OFF MY CRAIGSLIST.
Lastly… although I do understand why people do this I still find it super annoying… selling sets only. I’ve missed out on so many awesome dressers because they’re only being sold as part of a full bedroom set with headboard, 2 dressers, and 2 end tables or something. I don’t need a whole set, I just need one item. Sigh.
(Obviously– my search is not going that well thus far… but I persist…)