Day in the life: 8 months

Note: Today was awesome. Not every day goes as smoothly as today did, but we had a great day 🙂

2:30am: Baby cries. I run up and put her paci in, she falls back asleep.

4:50am: Baby cries. I run up and put her paci in, she falls back asleep.

6:35am: I hear babbling and see Fiona sitting up playing in her crib. Generally when she is up for the day she is happy and doesn’t cry. B gets up with her and I go back to sleep. He takes care of the pets and does her first (9oz) bottle and they play in the living room.

7:30am: I wake up to Fiona fussing downstairs. She doesn’t seem to be quieting down so I look at my phone and realize it is time to get up anyways. Throw on some clothes and go see what the issue is. B said she was just a bit cranky this morning and she has been fussing on and off while they play. He goes to clean up the kitchen a bit and I sit down to play stacking cups with Fia while she crawls around and knocks things over. She is getting increasingly fussy so it seems it will be an early nap day. Sometimes she is awake until 9 or even 10, but today I put her down for a nap right at 8am.

8:05: she’s asleep. Baby girl was clearly still tired. Probably because she woke up a few times last night, which she doesn’t always do anymore. I go downstairs and get some breakfast and tidy up a little bit. Then I putz around online for a while. This is usually the laziest part of my day so I enjoy it.

9:40: She’s awake but not unhappy. I go throw on some clothes, put my hair up, and head upstairs to grab her. She’s happy post nap, yay! I get her dressed and into her carseat and we head out for running errands.

10:10: We arrive at Walmart. I haven’t been here in over 3 years because I hate it, but I really want a full length mirror for Fia’s new play space and I was told they have ten for $6, how bad can it be? REALLY BAD. Took five minutes to find the mirror. Five minutes to try to find the baby food aisle to see if they have anything interesting (couldn’t find it. Store is too damn big). Twenty minutes to check out because the cashier sucked. Bah. I wore Fiona though and she was perfectly happy throughout.

photo 1

10:45: Into the car and head to Trader Joes. We do some quick shopping and check out. Fiona is similarly awesome here, she loves hanging out in her ring sling. Especially since I got a teething necklace.

11:25: Arrive home. Carry in groceries. Start bottle warming and give Fiona a few dried blueberries while we wait for it. Give her a 9 oz bottle and she drinks it all. Then I set her down to play in the living room while I put away the cold groceries. I have to run back in a few times because she keeps trying to crawl into the fireplace or steal the dog’s toy. This new crawling thing is a challenge but I love watching her do it. Then we head downstairs and I put her in her jumper, which she loves. Twenty minutes later I pull her out and we play on the floor downstairs for a bit. Around 12:30 she starts getting tired so I take her upstairs, change her, and put her down for a nap.

photo 2

12:45: She’s asleep. I put lunch into the oven for myself and I start cutting and sautĂ©ing veggies for some Mexican lasagnas (making one for us for the weekend and one for a friend who had a baby this past weekend). Also wash Fiona’s last bottle and finish putting away groceries. When the veggies are done sautĂ©ing I toss them in a bowl and leave them to cool while I go eat lunch.

2:15: She’s up! Happy again. Today is a good day! We head downstairs and I put her in her high chair to try eating. She still is not a big fan of solids, and is especially not a fan of sitting in her high chair or eating purees. But we keep trying various stuff so today I tried a container of pear puree with her and she actually ate almost the whole thing– for the first time EVER!! I gave her some fruit/veggie melts and then she seemed over eating so we went upstairs to change her again and came back down to play.

photo 3

3:30: I make her third 9 oz bottle and she drinks the whole thing. Afterwards I put her in her jumper to play (I tend to put her in it after bottles because she has to stay upright after she eats and if she is on the floor she still likes to roll around a bit). Two minutes after I put her in, she has a diaper blowout. We head upstairs to get her cleaned up and play in her room a little bit when we are done. Then we head back downstairs and I let her play in the jumper for ten minutes since she didn’t really get to before. Then I pull her out and we play on the floor some more. She is into everything. Crawling around, trying to climb onto the couch to see Stew, trying to crawl after the cats, and just giggling and giggling. She’s also a big fan of crawling around saying mamamamamama which is hilarious and so sweet. She’s just a ton of fun to play with right now!

photo 4

4:45: she’s tired again and I’m almost bummed because play time was super fun this afternoon! But, we head up and I put her down for her third nap. This nap is tricky. About half the time she will fall asleep and stay asleep on her own. The other half of the time she just sits/rolls around in her crib until I go rock her to sleep. For the last 1.5 weeks I’ve had to rock her for this nap every day (we give her 30 min to fall asleep before I go rock her)– but today she actually fell asleep! Which was great because it gave me a chance to finish making my two veggie lasagnas and prep our dinner for tonight (quesadillas. We like mexican food). Then I wash her bottle from her last meal and I clean up her high chair and whatnot. I’m done about 6 but B texted that traffic was bad so I go and hang out on my computer waiting for him to get home.

6:10: B is home so I start assembling dinner. At 6:30 Fiona is still sleeping and dinner is about done, so I go wake her up (we always wake her at 6:30 because 7:30 is bed time). She is not happy to be woken up. This is a common problem, but really who likes being woken up? I get her changed and put her in her crib so I can get her diapers started washing. She starts crying because I left her while she is cranky, so B runs up to grab her. We get our dinner put together and she goes into the jumper while we eat. As soon as I’m done I pull her out and we all play on the floor together. By this point she is in a much better mood and giggles as she crawls around and B throws a ball to her. Then he pulls out the laser pointer to play with the cat (which Fia always thinks is hilarious) except now that she can crawl.. she starts to chase the laser pointer too! I haven’t laughed so hard in I don’t know when. We’re all having such a good time that we don’t notice the time until Fia starts rubbing her eyes at 7:40.

photo 5

7:40: I take Fiona up to get her ready for bed. It isn’t a bath night so I just get her changed and into PJs while B makes a (9oz) bottle for her. Then I do the bedtime routine (bottle, stories, song, bed) while B cleans up from dinner and feeds the pets. He also turns diapers on for their second cycle.

8:10: I put her down and head downstairs. By the time I grab the monitor and get to the kitchen she is standing in her crib saying mamamamama. The standing thing combined with the talking thing is making bedtimes a little more challenging lately but she isn’t really UPSET she’s just…. not sleeping lol. I start making muffins (again, for the friend with a newborn we are visiting tomorrow). B is studying in the living room and we chat while he reads about business stuff and I bake. At 8:30 Fiona falls asleep.

9:00pm: I’m done making muffins and the kitchen is clean again. I head downstairs while B studies and tonight? I blog. Usually if B isn’t studying we watch some TV together. Whenever he is done studying we’ll head to bed and I will hang all the diapers to dry. We usually go to bed sometime between 11 and 12 these days.

Sooo that’s today! Nothing special really, but Fiona was in a great mood for most of it and she is just SO fun now that she is mobile. Absolutely loving life these days ❤


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s